1. Work with you to identify the insurance services that are right for you, your family or your business and use our access to multiple companies to deliver those products.
2. Guide you through the claims process for a prompt and fair resolution of your claim.
3. Help you solve problems related to your coverage or account.
4. Explain the coverages and options available to you through our agency, at your request.
5. Return your phone calls and e-mails promptly and respond to your requests in a timely manner.
6. Use our experience and multiple company relationships to customize your coverage as needed.
7. Commit our staff to continuing education so we may be more knowledgeable in serving you.
8. Treat you with respect and courtesy.
9. Conduct our business in and ethical manner.
There are two distinct types of insurance agents. When you are looking for insurance, you can choose to work with either a captive or an independent agent. The differences between the two are significant.
* Captive Agents: These agents are limited in what they can offer because they work only for one big-name insurance company. This means you will have to comparison shop for policies and rate quotes from other insurers if you want to be sure that you are getting a suitable policy at a reasonable rate. Because they only work with one specific insurance company, these agents have a limited ability to customize policies to meet their customers' individual needs.
*Independent Agents: These agents, on the other hand, work for you, not for a specific insurance company. They have relationships with several different top-rated providers and can use these relationships to find you appropriate policies at competitive rates. They are able to build customized insurance packages that meet your unique coverage needs. When you get your insurance through an independent agent, you can have all your policies conveniently handled through one office and one agent.